Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Who Is Erik Rico??????


He is only one of the many unappreciated talents of our decade.
He is writer, producer, DJ, and a musician who plays multiple instruments. This man is a true artist in every sense of the word. Eric has written for the likes of
Talib Kwali, Qtip, Tupac Shakur, just to name a few. Believe me his discography would fill up this whole site..lol
The voice of Erik Rico reminds you of the legendary Stevie Wonder with an added electro soulful funk. His songs take you on a lyrical journey where you just want to close your eyes and enjoy the ride.
Eric’s most current album entitled “THE REWORKS’S PROJECT” is a collaboration of remakes that brings some of our favorite R n B classics into a new light. Erik Rico does a fantastic rendition of Sade’s “Sweetest Taboo” entitled “ Sade vs Erick Rico” (take a listen, I promise you wont be disappointed).

411 on Erik Rico
His Debut album “Journey Back To Me” was a hit all over Europe and Australia (the U.S. is always behind on good music, you know I’m telling the truth. ☺) my favorite song on that record is LET’S LAY TOGETHER.. (awesome song).
Erik’s sophmore album was also an eclectic sound. I love all of the songs on that one as well, but if I have to pick one I would say “Today” and “Peace of Mind Pt.2” (I know that’s two , but this is my blog ..LMAO).
In addtion to being the creative genius behind the music Erik Rico is also at the head a his record label, “Life Notes Music” (http://www.lifenotesmusic.com/home.html).
Stay tuned, I will be interviewing Erik soon and he will share his upcoming performances around the globe along with his secrets on how he makes the colorful music that he shares with us. If you can't wait until then Erik is REALLY GOOD at updating his myspace so check him out there. http://www.myspace.com/erikricomusic

No comments:

Post a Comment